Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Have Not Abandoned This Blog :)

As is typical with a new blog -- I wrote a bunch of posts initially and then over the past couple weeks, not so much.

Fear not. I have not gone AWOL or deserted the blog already.

I've just been busy. As in, doing summer stuff like vacationing, getting ready for company, actually having the company, and then doing a little more vacationing.

And I'm not done yet :)

My sweet husband is off this week and we have a few days trips planned (tomorrow is our anniversary after all!) so about all I think I'll get done this week is a little more set up in my basement sewing area (I had no idea what a terrible job of packing I did! Disgraceful. LOL ... and what's worse is I have no memory of what I had so I don't know what I have yet to unpack. It's rather scary opening up a zillion boxes marked "MISCELLANEOUS" and finding stuff I'd long forgotten about.)

Basically though, I'm hoping that since hubby is off we can get some overhead lights hung up and maybe some pegboard on the walls so I can at least hang my rulers. I'm hoping to get a few "before" pictures of some fabric selections for a few new projects that I want to get started on and maybe even get a few more piles of material washed.

And then there's Lilah's quilt. I picked up fabric for it last week (my son Daniel actually went with me and helped me pick colors -- he was a really big help!) and since I just found out we'll be blessed with a visit by the little princess in mid-August, I'm going to get busy with on that on Monday with hopes of getting it pieced by Friday.

Once the top is about done I'll have to make a few decisions -- do I send a block of fabric to Patty to have her embroider Delilah's name on it or skip that? Do I attempt to machine quilt it myself (since I have no experience) or send it to Patty to have her quilt on her longarm (knowing Patty may not have even gotten her new machine set up yet, let alone have any desire whatsoever to quilt it for me!) OR should I hand-quilt it myself (definitely my last choice.)

I will have to do a little thinking on that one.

Anyway, that's what I'm up to. A whole lot of nothing! However, I did manage to bookmark several future projects while looking through books on the drive to and from New York! That counts for something, right?

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment