Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lilah's Quilt -- Getting Started

Sweet Delilah -- she just makes my heart sing. I am totally over-the-moon in love with her.


It only seems right that she should have a quilt made in her honor. Right?

I've been putting off saying much about it until I had a design figured out and fabrics purchased. I've gone back and forth about whether to go with pastels or bright colors ... in the end I decided on bright colors that reflect summertime since she was born in June.

Here's the pattern I'm using as the basis for my quilt:


It's designed by Maria Wallin and called Summer Squares Quilt. I just love the squares and even though I love the fabrics she used in her design, I'm going with pinks, greens, and yellows. I'm hoping it turns out as pretty as Maria's! I do have a few changes in mind but not much ... Here's a link to the pattern -- which can be found at the Moda Bake Shop.

These are the fabrics I've chosen so far. The photo doesn't do the colors justice. They are actually brighter than they appear here.


I'm hoping to be able to cut out some of the quilt today and get started making the blocks over the next couple days. It will be sooo thrilling to hear the whirl of my sewing machine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment