Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Red Quilt -- Getting Started

In addition to getting started on Lilah's Quilt I'm also starting on another project -- one I'm calling The Red Quilt. It will go perfectly in the loft upstairs.

You've seen the design before -- it's simply squares made up of half triangles that have a consistent color pattern. I'm planning on doing reds and tans/creams. I was inspired by this quilt by Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew and what I see on the ironing board in this post by Amy at Diary Of A Quilter.

Yes, I'm looking for easy and scrappy. I want to use up some of the fabrics I've had hanging around for a while because -- well -- I have a hard time justifying going and maxing out my credit card buying MORE fabric when I still have piles of pretty stuff laying around. Need to remedy that huh?

So here are the reds I've chosen for this project. I'm hoping I can get busy cutting squares in the next couple days and get busy piecing some time next week.


The goal is to get several quilt tops ready before the snow flies so I can plan a trip to visit my friend Patty in New York and take advantage of her new longarm quilter! I'm so looking forward to the wine laughs that will go along with the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment